Wednesday, November 14, 2012

[Musings of a Game Store Owner] I'm Good At My Job!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, friends, family, assorted others and anyone listening- I have talked about what I do at the store for a long time. I've shared various tips and comments, insights and concerns with you for well over a year now.

So far, everything I have discussed and all my claims are just that- claims. I haven't really had very much to back me up in my commentary; but that all changed this week.



Here's some evidence.


The publication in question is operated by the local university's journalism department, and the voting is open to the public. Our community voted in droves- the folks in 2nd and 3rd place have been open for literally DECADES and are pretty much institutions in our area.

While I'm flattered and humbled that we won, the real credit goes to TheDude. I've probably talked your ear off about the things he does for the store, but he really does work himself until he's exhausted to make the store better. I'm really proud of all the effort he's put in, and it makes me glad to see that he's finally being recognized for what he does.

We said it before and we'll say it again: this didn't happen by our hands alone. We have the best customers anyone could ever ask for, and we're grateful to be able to serve them day in and day out. We're truly honored to have a shot at earning not just their business but their friendship; and we're really glad they like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment